CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Trip A Deal Pty Ltd ("TripADeal ", "we", “us” and/or “our”) try to ensure that we only promote travel offers that our customers will enjoy. We understand, however, that occasionally, this is not always the case. This policy sets out the circumstances in which TripADeal may provide refunds to our customers (“customer”, "you" or “your”) or permit cancellation in respect of a specific travel offer. Please note that in administering this policy we will only deal with the named person who placed the order in respect of a specific travel offer.
WHEN TRIPADEAL MAY PROVIDE REFUNDS
TripADeal may provide a refund of amounts you have paid to us in connection with the relevant travel products and services if :
- we accept your cancellation of the services in the permitted circumstances set out below;
- allocation system time-outs result in oversold departure date allocations under our inventory allocation system and as a consequence the travel offer is not available to you and we cancel the order;
- the passenger information form is not returned within the specified period and we cancel the order;
- an order is placed in contravention of an applicable child traveller policy and we cancel the order;
- any minimum number requirements in respect of a travel offer are not met and we cancel the order;
- an arrive early/stay behind option is requested and is unavailable due to flight availability after purchase;
- we are required by law to do so;
- we have made a mistake in advertising a travel offer that fundamentally misstates the product or service that is the subject of the travel offer or otherwise in the case of manifest error by us; or
- prior to travel, the provider of the travel offer ceases trading or ceases to provide the goods or services that are the subject of the travel offer.
WHEN REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE
The following circumstances DO NOT qualify for refunds:
- if you change your mind after you have purchased a travel offer (for whatever reason);
- if the travel offer experience was in accordance with its description but did not meet your general expectations (for whatever reason);
- if you are unable to travel due to a medical condition or any other personal reason;
- if you are unable to obtain your preferred time to experience the travel offer;
- if you cannot travel due to other travel or other personal commitments;
- if the business on behalf of whom we are advertising a travel offer does not honour the terms of the travel offer because you have failed to present the voucher on redemption;
- If the business does not have availability because you have not attempted to make a booking within a reasonable period of time (as determined by TripADeal) from the travel voucher expiry date;
- if you have had a dispute with the business on behalf of whom we are advertising the travel offer;
- if you are late for your booking, and the business decides to cancel your voucher;
- where the travel date selected in respect of the travel offer has passed;
- where you are denied entry to a destination due to a failure to comply with a health or other requirement;
- if you leave a tour and are non-locatable after reasonable efforts have been made and we cancel any remaining component of a travel offer;
- where TripADeal determines the continuance of a travel offer on the scheduled departure date despite published minimum number criteria not being met;
- if you miss or are a ‘no-show’ for a flight or cruise and your flight/cruise, ticket, accommodation, transfer or other travel offer component is cancelled; or
- where an itinerary change occurs and we arrange supply of a service of comparable or higher standard; or
- where we cancel the order in the event of fraud, abuse or suspicious activity.
WHEN YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR BOOKING AND REQUEST A REFUND
If we increase the price of your travel offer by a material amount (being more than 10% of the initial price) in accordance with our Terms and Conditions, you may cancel the relevant travel products or services and request a refund of amounts you have paid to us in connection with the relevant travel products or services.
This does not apply to increases arising from a request, action or omission of the customer, any person travelling or intending to travel on the order or any of their agents or representatives (including but not limited to changes to travel arrangements, optional extras, surcharges and other customisations and additions).
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for circumstances where TripADeal may vary, withdraw or cancel the order or the services or vary prices or components of a travel offer.
Please note any claim for refund excludes a refund of and may be subject to payment by you of any applicable fees (such as order offload fees and order administration fees) and also excludes any other non-refundable items and circumstances. Any claim for refund may also be reduced or denied where our complaints procedure (as set out in the Terms and Conditions) is not complied with.
Without limiting the foregoing, TripADeal reserves the right at its discretion to provide a refund outside of the above circumstances in compelling or extenuating circumstances. TripADeal’s decision with respect to any refund request is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
SUBMITTING A CANCELLATION OR REFUND REQUEST
A request for a cancellation or refund must be submitted via [email protected] All customers requesting a cancellation refund will be required to provide full particulars as to why they are not satisfied with the quality of the goods and services that are the subject of a travel offer.
TripADeal will verify the validity and veracity of some or all of the particulars of a request for cancellation or refund by consulting with the relevant merchant responsible for fulfilling the offer. TripADeal may also ask you (by phone or email) to provide additional information in relation to the cancellation or refund request.
In circumstances where we believe that a request for a cancellation or refund does not fall within the scope of this policy, is misleading, incorrect and/or deceptive or is otherwise invalid, TripADeal may, in its absolute discretion, refuse a cancellation or refund request. TripADeal is under no obligation to provide you with reasons as to why your request has been refused. Please note that any fraudulent, abusive or otherwise suspicious activity or cancellation or refund requests will be immediately referred to the relevant authorities.
REFUND VIA DIRECT DEPOSIT
Any refund will be credited to your preferred bank account, according to the details provided by you during the refund request process. Any refund provided by TripADeal is in no way an admission of liability by or on behalf of TripADeal or the admission of any other fact in connection with any act or omission which led to the request for a refund being submitted by the customer.
CHANGE TO POLICY
TripADeal may change this policy at any time at our absolute discretion by posting the revised policy on this website. It is your responsibility to review the terms of this policy regularly. By visiting and using the TripADeal website you agree to abide by the terms of this policy as amended.
Any feedback or questions regarding this policy should be emailed to [email protected] .