Christmas is a pretty cool time for travellers. Travel items – functional and compact – make excellent stocking fillers, and they needn’t break the budget. A thoughtful gift for your travelling buddies, or simply a gift to self. Check out our list of this Christmas season’s best buys, and may your travels always be full of creature comforts.”
1. Wacaco Nanopresso. I don’t know about you, but I’ve had some shocking coffees during my travel experiences. Nothing gets the day off to a better start than the smooth crema of a well-made espresso. And this gem of a product is a godsend! Enjoy delicious coffee wherever you are – on the sea, atop a mountain or in the desert! And at just 336 grams, this lil guy will easily fit into your day pack – $64.90 USD approx. $90 AUD. Brilliant!
2. Aesop Resurrection Rinse-Free Hand Wash Sometimes no matter how hard you try, you can’t help but get a little grotty on your trails. If public loos give you the heebie jeebies, pop this in your handbag. A non-drying, alcohol-based formulation with purifying and hydrating properties, to cleanse your hands thoroughly when fresh water is unavailable. – $10 for 50Ml
3. Welcome to Country: A Travel Guide to Indigenous Australia by Marcia Langton. Possibly the first travel guide about Indigenous Australia, Langton explains languages and customs, history, native title, art and dance, storytelling, and cultural awareness and etiquette for visitors. What a great way to understand the significance of places like Uluru, Kakadu and Cape York to their traditional owners. – $30.95
4. Escape Luxury Travel Sleep Mask A fully breathable 100% cotton sleep mask, with inbuilt eye cavities, so there’s no pressure on the eyes. Includes a carry pouch and earplugs. – $24.95. Whip this out in economy and you could be forgiven for thinking you were in business.
5. Longemity Crystal Infused Water Bottle Vigour Travel can be tiring, so we need all the help we can get! The latest craze is crystal infused water, and supporters swear by the healing energy on the body at a cellular and vibrational level, realigning the body’s chakras. – $99.95. #magic
6. Black Chicken Natural Dry Shampoo Banish greasy hair, noone wants their prized selfie with the Taj Mahal, Great Wall or atop the Eiffel Tower being ruined by an attack of the greasies! Black Chicken’s Dry Shampoo revives without water, is non-aerosol and at 40g is small enough to fit in your carry on luggage. #winning – $24.95
7. Green + Kind Bamboo Toothbrush Awesome compact product from an awesome ethical company. This is an eco alternative to those horrid things you get in hotels that leave you with bristles in your pearlies. Brush knowing that you are minimising environmental impact, and supporting vegan and cruelty-free products. – $8.95
8. LifeStraw Universal FilterNow here’s a good idea! Protection against bacteria, microplastics, chlorine and heaven forbid parasites! And the company gives back – providing one year of clean water, per school child, per product purchased. Peace. – $34.95
Images: Clockwise – Welcome to Country, Dream Essentials Mask, Longemity Crystal Water bottle, LifeStraw filter, Aesop Hand Wash, Wacaco Nanopresso, Green and Kind bamboo toothbrush.