Japan Ski Escape
Calling all snow lovers - the skiing and snowboarding trip you’ve been waiting for is here! Escape to the powder paradise of Hakuba on Honshu Island with this five or seven night escape staying at the authentically-Japanese Pension Folktale in Otari. Less than four hours from Tokyo by bullet train, this iconic ski region boasts some of the best ski terrain found anywhere in Japan.
With a four day lift pass included for Norikura Ski Field, and the sensational Happo One and Hakuba Cortina ski fields within easy reach, this Buy Now, Choose Dates Later escape is a perfect way to secure your slice of powder paradise at an amazing price today - and sort out the details later.
Dates from Dec 2022 to March 2023. See the full list of inclusions below:
About the Property
Room Size: 15 sqm
Room Option Valid For: 2 people
Max Occupancy: 2 people
Bedding Configuration: 2 x Single Beds
- Air conditioning / Heating
- Ski In / Ski Out
- Non-smoking hotel
On purchasing this Travel Offer you are bound by the General Terms and Conditions, in addition to the specific terms and conditions outlined in this Important Information.
If airport transfers are included, please ensure that once your booking is confirmed, that you send a copy of your flight details to the Property to determine when and where you will be picked up from.
All additional charges are payable direct to your Travel Consultant in AUD (unless otherwise stated).
All countries and territories have different entry requirements in relation to vaccinations, quarantine/isolation periods and travel restrictions. Due to the evolving nature, we would ask all of our customers to monitor, meet and adhere to the specific requirements of their intended destination(s) in the lead up to and immediately prior to travel, as well as any requirements post-travel upon their return.
After purchase, you will receive a receipt and a Purchase Confirmation with your TripADeal order number and chosen travel date. Any change requested after your booking is confirmed cannot be guaranteed, is strictly subject to availability and will incur surcharges as outlined in the Schedule of Fees below.
• Should your selected date be unable to proceed due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, you will be issued with a TripADeal open credit for the full amount
• In the event COVID-19 affects your selected travel date, the only options available will be an open credit.
Love the deal but unsure when you want to travel? No Problem, you can buy now and choose dates later!
• After purchase, you will receive a receipt and a Purchase Confirmation, which will include your TripADeal order number. You will have until 7 July 2022 to select your desired check-in dates. Please be advised that allocations are limited and we cannot guarantee that all dates will be available when you decide to book.
• To select dates post purchase, simply sign into your account, select 'My Deals' and follow the prompts.
• After your check-in date is confirmed with TripADeal, you will receive an updated Purchase Confirmation. Any change requested after your booking is confirmed cannot be guaranteed, is strictly subject to availability, and will incur surcharges as outlined in the Schedule of Fees below.
• Check-in dates will need to be confirmed before 7 July 2022
• Check-in dates are to be confirmed by logging into your account and selecting ‘My Deals’ and following the prompts.
• Allocations are limited, so we cannot guarantee your desired date will be available when you confirm your dates. Get in quick to secure your desired date.
• If you decide to travel on a High Season date, you will be required to pay the relevant High Season surcharge before your dates are confirmed.
• If you decide to upgrade your room option after purchase, you will be required to pay the difference before your dates are confirmed.
• If your stay is unable to proceed due to COVID-19 related travel restrictions, prior to the final confirmation date listed above, TripADeal will provide you with a free date change. Future dates may be limited and subject to availability.
• If your stay is affected by COVID-19 related travel restrictions after the confirmation date stated above, you will be issued with a TripADeal open credit for the full amount.
Travel offer is valid for travel until the 31 March 2023
This travel offer is priced per person based on twin share.
Single Traveller Supplement
For solo travellers, no discounts apply.
16 December 2022 - 31 March 2023
Please note: See checkout for live dates and availability.
30 December 2022 - 2 January 2023
High Season Surcharges
23 December 2022 - 28 February 2023: $40 per night
3 Star (self-rated)
Pension Folktale, Hakuba
Room Type Offered
Standard Check In/Out Time
Standard Check In Time: 2:00pm
Standard Check Out Time: 12:00pm
Parking is available free of charge
Combining Multiple Bookings
• When combining multiple bookings to extend the length of your stay please ensure you are purchasing separate bookings on consecutive dates. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact a TripADeal consultant on 1300 859 214.
• Extensions on any inclusions offered as part of the deal are strictly subject to the resort/hotels discretion.
Maximum Room Capacity
• Infants 0-3 stay free of charge at the property, sharing existing bedding with parents and do not count towards the maximum room capacity.
• Cots/cribs are charged at JP¥ 2000 per night (subject to availability, payable to the property directly).
Extra Child/Adult Policy
2 x single beds (subject to availability)
Please note: you will be able to request your preferred bedding configuration directly with the property after your booking has been made. When contacting the resort please quote your name and TripADeal order number.
Adjoining Rooms (Interconnecting Rooms)
• Visa fees and requirements (A tourist visa for Japan is not required if travelling on an Australian passport)
• Return International flights
• Meals/beverages not stated in the deal offer
• Optional gratuities/tipping
• Optional activities/tours
• Personal expenses
• Travel insurance (Strongly recommended)
Please note: A comprehensive travel Insurance policy must be organised BEFORE all details can be finalised.
• Bookings are essential and subject to availability.
• Any changes to confirmed bookings are at the discretion of the property and charges may apply
• Voluntary Date change requests not available within 7 days of check-in.
• Travel insurance is strongly recommended. We suggest purchasing travel insurance as soon as possible after purchasing this voucher.
• All activities and services are subject to availability.
• Additional expenses such as (but not limited to) flights are not included with this voucher.
• Package cannot be split.
• Offer only available for consecutive nightly stays.
• Not valid in conjunction with any other offer or on existing reservations.
• Voucher is non-combinable with any other promotions.
• Any unused portion of the package is non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for other services or cash
• Valid photo I.D may be requested at the time of check-in and a valid credit card may be required for pre-authorisation for any incidentals
CLIMATE & AVERAGE TEMPERATURE
The annual snowfall of Hakuba ranges from 10m to 11m, with much of it falling between February and March. However the actual snow season ranges from late November to early May thanks to powder preserved by temperatures that remain at -7 to -2 at the bottom and -7 to -14 at the peak.
A tourist visa for Japan is not required if travelling on an Australian passport
Visa rules may have changed since COVID-19. Check with the nearest embassy, consulate or immigration department of the destination you're entering.
Please note: Passengers who are not Australian citizens must check with the respective consulate or visa agency to determine what their visa requirements are and what personal identification is required. It is also important to note, some areas of employment such as journalism, government authorities and charity organisations may have additional restrictions in applying for Visas. This may in turn affect the type of application required.
SCHEDULE OF FEES
This includes booking changes requested by you, including but not limited to those changes requiring an airline ticket, date/accommodation changes or a Purchase Confirmation reissue.
• Changes - $50.00 per booking + any additional charges applied by the airline/accommodation/other travel providers.
Please note: Voluntary Date change requests not available within 7 days of check-in.
Please note: Voluntary Date change requests must be made prior to 07 July 2022.
CANCELLATION POLICY - Book with confidence
Covid-19 Booking Policy:
• TripADeal Escape packages are non-refundable. If your Escape package is affected by Covid-19 related travel restrictions and you are unable to stay, you will receive either a date change (credit that is specific to your original package and purchase value) or an open credit to the value of your original purchase for use on any other package available via the TripADeal website.
• If you notify TripADeal that you are unable to travel due to restrictions within 7 days of the travel date, you will likely receive a date change credit specific to the package you have purchased.
Please note: Date change credits are subject to availability and not guaranteed until confirmed by TripADeal, not the property you are due to stay with.
In the event the Travel Offer you have purchased is unable to proceed, and/or a travel Supplier is unable to fulfil the Travel Offer due to external circumstances (Limitation of Liability e.g. a Force Majeure event), there may be a fee or amount of money that is withheld by our Suppliers and is unrecoverable. This may be due to non-refundable airline tickets, cancellation penalties with cruise cabins or unrecoverable payments with our land/accommodation partners. TripADeal has committed to these costs as your Agent and will endeavour to recover all funds committed and/or paid for your Travel Offer, but this may not be possible in all circumstances. If refunds are not available from Suppliers, we will endeavour to obtain a travel credit on the best terms available and communicate these outcomes to you. In the event, TripADeal is unable to obtain a refund or travel service credit, or part thereof, this cost is passed on to the customer as a Supplier Fee. This fee is not revenue-raising and is paid to or withheld by our suppliers when recovering payments.