7 Day Tropical QLD Explorer
- Visit Palm Cove, Cape Tribulation & Port Douglas
- Enjoy a full day Great Barrier Reef sailing tour
Beautiful one day, spectacular the next. From the World Heritage Daintree Rainforest to the Great Barrier Reef offshore, Tropical North Queensland is a region home to incredible landscapes, vibrant towns, and unique wildlife. This seven day discovery tour will showcase it all, with a guided tour of Cape Tribulation, a cruise among the mangroves of the Daintree, full day sailing tour and more!
Enjoy free time in the colourful town of Palm Cove, known for its laid-back vibe and gorgeous palm-lined esplanade, and then embark on a journey into the heart of Cape Tribulation. Enjoy a scenic drive along winding coastal roads, stop to enjoy the view from Alexandra Lookout, and keep your eyes peeled for saltwater crocodiles on a boat cruise among the mangroves. After exploring the region by land, take to the sea on a full day sailing adventure aboard the Sailaway VII catamaran. Sail to remote cays, snorkel among a rainbow of marine life on the Great Barrier Reef, and get to know some of the local inhabitants on a relaxing glass bottom boat tour. As if that wasn’t enough, you’ll also get to enjoy a day at leisure to explore beautiful Port Douglas - home of Four Mile Beach.
Package includes six nights 4-star accommodation, snorkelling gear, guides and A/C transport.
Want to see even more? An optional full day tour of Kuranda, taking in Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience, Kuranda Scenic Railway and the award-winning Rainforestation Nature Park, is also available.
Upon arriving in Cairns, please make your own way from Cairns airport to your Palm Cove accommodation. After checking in, enjoy the rest of your day at leisure.Overnight: Paradise on The Beach or similar, Palm Cove
Meals included: None
Today is a free day to explore Palm Cove. Stroll along its palm-lined beaches, browse the eclectic local boutiques, or enjoy a fabulous meal at one of the many outstanding cafes and restaurants. Alternatively if you wish to explore the Kuranda region, join an optional tour ($255 per person - not included). A full day adventure to Kuranda, located in World Heritage Rainforest. Your Kuranda day tour includes a visit to the award-winning Rainforestation Nature Park, where you can take a tour on a historic World War II Army Duck, feed a kangaroo, and meet a Cassowary in the Koala Wildlife Park. Visit the Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience including boomerang and spear throwing and traditional Aboriginal dances. You will enjoy the Kuranda Scenic Railway and the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway as part of your transfers.Overnight: Paradise on The Beach or similar, Palm Cove
Meals included: Breakfast
Today is free at leisure at Palm Cove. This beautiful coastal town is brimming with cafés and restaurants, along with a variety of interesting boutiques to explore. It’s often described as a more laid-back alternative to Cairns. After strolling along the Palm Cove strip, why not visit Cairns and Port Douglas, gateways to the spectacular Great Barrier Reef, or simply relax by the hotel pool.Overnight: Paradise on The Beach or similar, Palm Cove
Meals included: Breakfast
Have your bags packed as today you will be joining a fantastic day tour that explores Cape Tribulation and the Daintree, and you will be dropped off at your hotel in Port Douglas at the conclusion of the tour. On your tour today, a knowledgeable guide will show you the best of the Daintree and Cape Tribulation! Meet Australian animals at Wildlife Habitat, spot flora and fauna on a Daintree, enjoy a guided Boardwalk and see the place where the reef meets the rainforest at Cape Tribulation Beach. Marvel views at Alexandra Lookout and search for wild crocodiles on a Daintree River Cruise. Enjoy morning tea and a tropical lunch. In the late afternoon you will arrive at your centrally located Port Douglas hotel.Overnight: Regal Port Douglas or Freestyle Resort or similar, Port Douglas
Meals included: Breakfast;Lunch
A free day to explore Port Douglas. The locals think they have one of the best beaches in the world; Four Mile Beach begins at the northern rocky headland, then the golden sands of beach unfold in a gentle curve that continues as far as the eye can see. Swim, snorkel, shop, eat etc..there will be no shortage of ways to discover the beauty of this seaside village.Overnight: Regal Port Douglas or Freestyle Resort or similar, Port Douglas
Meals included: None
Today you will be joining a day trip to explore the world heritage Great Barrier Reef. Immersed in the northern frontier of Great Barrier Reef, this is the perfect snorkelling and sailing adventure for a conservation minded visitor. Ideally suited to those who can swim and have a spirit of fun and adventure. Discerning guests can enjoy an inspiring full day experience to the absolutely stunning Coral Cays on the Great Barrier Reef in the most sustainable way! Focussing on small groups on a luxury sailing catamaran, to fully enjoy a day of snorkelling and sailing. With a focus on sharing a passion for the marine environment with the guests through reef interpretation with expert guiding, a team of qualified marine biologists provide information and entertaining reef presentations, allowing you to fully appreciate the fragile environment and have an understanding of the marine life you will encounter. Enjoy a superb tropical buffet lunch and an afternoon tea. *Please note there is a $7 per person Environment Management Charge payable direct at check-in on the day of travel.Overnight: Regal Port Douglas or Freestyle Resort or similar, Port Douglas
Meals included: Lunch
Today you will be collected from your hotel for a private limousine transfer from Port Douglas hotel to Cairns Airport.
Meals included: None
Tour InclusionsShow All
- Discover the wonders of Tropical North Queensland
- Embrace the laid-back vibe of Palm Cove at leisure
- Stroll among the mangroves near Cape Tribulation
- Enjoy a Daintree River cruise, where you might encounter saltwater crocodiles
- Stroll along the palm-lined esplanade of Palm Cove
- Enjoy a scenic coastal drive to Cape Tribulation
- Get to know some native Australian animals at Wildlife Habitat
- Spot flora and fauna on a guided stroll along the Daintree boardwalk
- Marvel the tropical landscape at Alexandra Lookout
- Enjoy a snorkelling and sailing adventure to the Great Barrier Reef
- Sail aboard the luxury sailing catamaran Sailaway VII
- Enjoy a tropical lunch and afternoon tea on board
- Take part in a guided snorkel tour with a marine biologist
- Enjoy a glass bottom boat cruise and reef interpretation talk
- Soak up the magic of Port Douglas on a free day at leisure
- 6 nights 4-star accommodation
- Enjoy 5 meals including a tropical lunch
- Professional tour guide
- Snorkelling equipment
- Snorkelling guide
- Eco Shamba Environmental Initiative for local reforestation
- Transportation by private A/C vehicles
- Day 7 Private limousine transfer from Port Douglas to Cairns Airport
Important infoShow Less
On purchasing this Travel Offer you are bound by the General Terms and Conditions, in addition to the specific terms and conditions outlined in this Important Information.
Booking is subject to final confirmation from the accommodation provider. If you do not receive an email from the accommodation provider within 7 Business Days please contact TripADeal. If the selected dates cannot be secured an alternative date can be selected. In the event no available dates are suitable, a full refund will be provided.
Covid-19 Booking Policy
- TripADeal Tour packages are non-refundable. If your Tour package is affected by Covid-19 related travel restrictions and you are unable to travel, you will receive either a free date change (credit that is specific to your original package and purchase value) or an open credit less any non-recoverable supplier fees to the value of your original purchase for use on any other package available via the TripADeal website. Please note: Date change credits are subject to availability and not guaranteed until confirmed by TripADeal, not the property/tour operator you are due to stay/travel with.
Please refrain from booking travel arrangements prior to final email confirmation from the accommodation provider.
Please note: all additional charges are payable direct to your Travel Consultant in AUD (unless otherwise stated).
Travel offer is valid for travel on selected dates until the 25th March 2022.
This travel offer is priced for one person based on twin share.
Single Traveller Supplement
For solo travellers, a mandatory single supplement of $750 applies.
*September: 3, 10, 17, 24
*October: 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
November: 5, 12, 19, 26
December: 3, 10, *17, *31
January: *7, 14, 21, 28
February: 4, 11, 18, 25
March: 4, 11, 18, 25
Please note: dates/months with a * incur a land high season surcharge of $150 per person.
Black Out Date
24 December 2021
Palm Cove, North Queensland
4 Star (self-rated)
- Palm Cove: Paradise on the Beach Resort or similar
- Port Douglas: Regal Port Douglas or Freestyle Resort or similar
Please note: Accommodation/rooms offered are based on a lead-in room type, and are subject to availability based on seasonality.
Maximum Room Capacity
- No child discounts. Full price applies for all children travelling with their parents.
- Valid for Children 4 years old and over.
Please note: Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult 18 years old and over to travel. No unaccompanied minors allowed.
Double or twin bedding (subject to availability).
Adjoining / Interconnecting Rooms
Subject to availability and at the hotels discretion. Please enquire on booking if you require this option.
Minimum group size 4, maximum group size 27 per vehicle.
Optional Tours / Activities
Day 2: Kuranda Full Day: $255 per person
- Prices are based on per person, are subject to availability, time permitting and weather conditions, and are payable direct to the tour operator in the currency specified
- Some tours require minimum numbers to operate.
- Environment Management Charge ($7 per person payable direct at check-in)
- Flights / Domestic Transfers
- Meals/beverages not stated in the itinerary
- Optional gratuities/tipping
- Optional activities/tours
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance (Strongly recommended)
TOUR GUIDE VS. TOUR LEADER
Often locals with intimate knowledge of an area, its culture, and history. Their role entails providing commentary, routing the tour, and seeing that people have a good time. They are a licensed, qualified expert who supplies specific information on history, art, architecture and culture of the city/village/attraction in which he or she is guiding the tour. The guide meets the group at the required place and leaves the group at the end of the tour, they do not travel with the group.
An experienced person tasked with ensuring the smooth operation of tours, as well as providing practical support to passengers throughout the whole trip. Their role primarily includes assisting with accommodation, transportation between locations, and communication with tour guides in each stop. A tour leader may provide general guidance around a city or village, and offer information on the place visited on the bus, however, they are not required to have specific knowledge on art, architecture, or history. They are not allowed to provide a guided tour or commentary of a city/village/attraction once there and if caught doing so, can be fined.
Please note: Tour leaders/guides are not a standard inclusion in all travel offers. Tour leaders/guides will only be made available when particularly required to enhance the experience of the destination featured.
CLIMATE & AVERAGE TEMPERATURES
Palm Cove/Port Douglas
- Port Douglas has a Tropical climate, with generally hot and humid Summers and milder dryer Winters. The average annual rainfall is 1992mm on an average 154 days. The majority of Cairns rainfall occurs during summer between January and March.
- The tropics have fairly uniform temperatures throughout the year. Typical daytime min/max temperature ranges in Port Douglas are 23C/31C in mid-Summer and 18C/26C in mid-Winter.
- The prevailing winds are East to South Easterly with strongest winds (cyclones excluded) usually occurring during April and August. During the summer months, North to Northeasterly sea breezes dominate the winds along the coast. The cyclone season is normally confined to between December and April but exceptions do occur.
Some meals are included in the tour, for all other meals; lunches and dinners the tour leader (when available) will offer assistance with reservations, suggestions and directions to local restaurants. It is your responsibility to notify TripADeal of any dietary requests/requirements. Please note; we will do our best to meet your requests/requirements, however, cannot guarantee that we will always be able to.
You will be responsible for all your personal belongings whilst on the tour. With regards to luggage, you must carry your own luggage from the coach to the hotel room and back to the coach.
Fitness Level Required / Mobility
Our vehicles are not equipped with wheelchair access, so, unfortunately, our tours are currently not suitable for wheelchair users and those less mobile.
Please note: a general level of fitness will be required. If you have any concerns please consult your healthcare provider prior to purchase/travel.
Gratuities / Tipping
Gratuities (tips) are not included in the tour price for services of the tour leader (when available) and driver throughout the tour.
Please note: In the event entrance to a site is affected by changes in operating hours or public holiday closures, your itinerary where possible, will be adjusted or similar activity will be offered in its place (subject to availability).
This includes booking changes requested by you, including but not limited to those changes requiring an airline ticket or a Purchase Confirmation reissue.
· Changes - $100.00 per booking + any additional charges applied by the airline/cruise company/accommodation/other travel providers.
Name Changes Due To Passenger Error
· If the incorrect name has been advised to TripADeal, charges of $100.00 per booking + any additional charges applied by the airline/cruise company/accommodation/other travel providers.
In the event the Travel Offer you have purchased is unable to proceed, and/or a travel Supplier is unable to fulfil the Travel Offer due to external circumstances (Limitation of Liability e.g. a Force Majeure event), there may be a fee or amount of money that is withheld by our Suppliers and is unrecoverable. This may be due to non-refundable airline tickets, cancellation penalties with cruise cabins or unrecoverable payments with our land/accommodation partners. TripADeal has committed to these costs as your Agent and will endeavour to recover all funds committed and/or paid for your Travel Offer, but this may not be possible in all circumstances. If refunds are not available from Suppliers, we will endeavour to obtain a travel credit on the best terms available and communicate these outcomes to you. In the event, TripADeal is unable to obtain a refund or travel service credit, or part thereof, this cost is passed on to the customer as a Supplier Fee. This fee is not revenue-raising and is paid to or withheld by our suppliers when recovering payments.