5 Day Whitsunday Discovery
- Indulge on an intimate sail & stay experience
- Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park
The Whitsundays are a group of idyllic tropical islands just off the coast of Airlie Beach in Tropical North Queensland. An adventurers playground, it offers an array of activities plus stunning backdrops, breathtaking sunsets and iconic stargazing opportunities. Hands down the best way to experience this gem of the east coast is by setting sail on a catamaran like the intimate Whitsunday Blue or Whitsunday Getaway. Taking full advantage of its small size and flexible itineraries, you’ll also get to seek out the best sunset angles, snorkelling and island adventures to suit the conditions.
With only three ensuite cabins onboard, the Whitsunday Blue and Whitsunday Getaway Catamarans offer an intimate way to experience this magical region. Featuring a spacious air conditioned saloon area, two deck areas, underwater lighting to attract marine life, meals, snorkelling equipment and stand up paddle boards you have everything you need at your fingertips to live it up.
With one night pre-cruise accommodation, all meals while sailing, private ensuite cabin, a personalised on board atmosphere and more, this incredible Whitsunday Discovery is waiting for you to jump on board!
Make your own way to Airlie Beach for an early afternoon check-in to the Toscana Village Resort or similar. Enjoy the remainder of the day at leisure.Overnight: Toscana Village Resort or similar, Airlie Beach
Meals included: None
Check out this morning and store your luggage at the resort. Enjoy some time at leisure before heading to Coral Sea Marina to join the Whitsunday sailing boat ‘The Blue’. Sailing, swimming and snorkelling in the beautiful Great Barrier Reef Marine Park is just a normal day in the Whitsundays. Explore Australia's most stunning and unique national park and spot the local wildlife, wander the pristine white sands of Whitehaven Beach or take the walk to Hill inlet lookout - one of the most photographed places in Australia!
Depart the Coral Sea Marina Resort (formerly the Abell Point Marina) at approx. 3.00pm. Jump onboard the Whitsunday Blue Catamaran and prepare for a peaceful holiday surrounded by beauty. Head over to the islands in time for sunset over the water as you enjoy a glass of your favourite wine (not included). Have your dinner served under the stars before tucking in for the night in your cabin.
Meals included: Dinner
Wake up in the morning to the stunning island scenery surrounding the boat and enjoy a leisurely breakfast on board. Sail down to tongue bay to make your way up to Hill Inlet Lookout and take in the stunning vista of the world-famous Whitehaven Beach.
Guided by your crew, you will take a short bush walk up to Hill Inlet Lookout where you will get to see the unforgettable view from above. The sands of Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet are never the same twice with unique swirling patterns that will take your breath away. You will get to relax on Whitehaven Beach itself whilst enjoying the silica sands up close. Keep your eye out for stingrays and baby lemon sharks as they flit through the warm sunny waters around the beach.
Take time to sunbathe, swim, relax or walk along the soft sands and let the surf take all your worries away. Spend time exploring the beach itself before coming back on board for lunch on the go. Marvel at the beautiful change of scenery as you sail north.
Jump into the delightful water for a swim and snorkel over the beautiful coral reefs teeming with bright colourful fish. If you’re lucky, spot a turtle or meet George the Maori-Wrasse! If there’s time, you may have the chance to go for another beach visit or snorkel before sharing an antipasto platter while you watch the sunset. Wind down for the evening as you have dinner under the stars.
Meals included: Breakfast;Lunch;Dinner
Start the day off enjoying another stunning vista with breakfast on the deck. You will have the whole day to mosey on through the secluded bays and coves around the Whitsunday Islands. Take everything a little slower and come back with more knowledge of the islands than some of the locals! Get adventurous with snorkelling and stand-up paddle boards.
On board Whitsunday Blue/Getaway you will get to experience the magic of this underwater paradise for yourself as you snorkel and swim in the protected bays and coves. Your crew will guide you to the best places and educate you on the local marine life to ensure you make the most of your snorkelling and paddle boarding experience.
This trip is ideal for both first time and experienced snorkelers with a qualified crew who are there to help you learn and have an amazing time in the water. Flotation devices are available to make your experience more enjoyable and more comfortable. Keep an eye out for clownfish, sea turtles, reef sharks and giant Maori Wrasse!
Stand-up paddleboards allow for a great view of the surrounding area, a fun way to explore the reef and coastline, and gives you a workout at the same time! Great for spotting turtles and other marine life, stand-up paddleboards are becoming popular all over the world. Guests are welcome to take Blue's paddleboards for a spin around the boat or reef, enjoying the view as they make their way around.
Meals included: Breakfast;Lunch;Dinner
Gear up for more snorkelling in a new location and try your hand at stand up paddle boarding or relax on board. Breathe in the natural beauty of the islands while you find your way back to Coral Sea Marina through the passage, undoubtedly wishing your trip would never end!
Return back to Airlie between approximately 12:00pm - 1:00pm and make your own onward travel arrangements.
Meals included: Breakfast
Tour InclusionsShow All
- Enjoy the day at leisure in the tropical resort town of Airlie Beach
- Relax at the oceanfront Airlie Beach Lagoon
- Sailing through the beautiful Whitsunday Islands
- Experience a very personal atmosphere with the best service onboard
- Experience Whitehaven Beach one of the world's most unspoiled and beautiful beaches.
- Enjoy the bush walk through the National Park land
- Admire the spectacular view from Hill Inlet Lookout
- Spot turtles snorkelling through the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park
- Explore the gorgeous bays in the Northern Islands
- Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere at sunset onboard
- Experience stand up paddle boarding
- Enjoy your time relaxing onboard the Whitsunday Blue/Getaway Catamaran
- 3 nights on board Whitsunday Blue or Whitsunday Getaway Catamaran (8 people max)
- Private Double Cabin with ensuite
- Relax onboard in the open foredeck or the shaded back deck
- Dine under the stars
- Saloon area with plenty of space and air-conditioning
- Special underwater blue lights which attract marine life at night
- Enjoy morning and afternoon snacks, tea and coffee, on board
- All meals included onboard
- Enjoy 1 night 4-star accommodation in Airlie beach
- 8 meals including all meals during the cruise
- Skipper and onboard crew
- Onboard snorkelling equipment and basic tuition
- Stinger suits
- Paddle boards
- National and marine park fees and Marina levies (EMC - Environmental Management Charge)
Important infoShow Less
On purchasing this Travel Offer you are bound by the General Terms and Conditions, in addition to the specific terms and conditions outlined in this Important Information.
- Booking is subject to final confirmation from the tour provider. If you do not receive an email from the tour provider within 7 Business Days please contact TripADeal. If the selected dates cannot be secured an alternative date can be selected. In the event no available dates are suitable, a full refund will be provided.
- Please refrain from booking travel arrangements prior to final email confirmation from the accommodation provider. If booking flights, we recommend purchasing a flexible fare, so in the instance of a minimum number or Covid related issues prior to departure, you may be able to arrange an alternative travel date.
Covid-19 Booking Policy
- TripADeal Tour packages are non-refundable. If your Tour package is affected by Covid-19 related travel restrictions and you are unable to travel, you will receive an open credit less any non-recoverable supplier fees to the value of your original purchase for use on any other package available via the TripADeal website. Please note: Date change credits are subject to availability and not guaranteed until confirmed by TripADeal, not the property/tour operator you are due to stay/travel with.
Please note: all additional charges are payable direct to your Travel Consultant in AUD (unless otherwise stated).
Travel offer is valid for travel on selected dates until the 28th March 2022
This travel offer is priced for 1 person based on twin share
Single Traveller Supplement
No discounts apply for solo travellers. Twin share voucher must be purchased.
August: 27, 30
October: 1, 4, 8, 11, 14, 15, 18, 21, 22, 25, 29
November: 1, 4, 5, 8, 12, 15, 18, 19, 22, 25, 26, 29
December: 3, 6, 9, 10, 13, 17, 20
January: 14,17, 21, 24, 28
February: 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28
March: 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28
Airlie Beach, North Queensland
Whitsunday Blue Catamaran
Whitsunday Blue is an adults-only vessel. A beautiful intimate sailing catamaran, with only 8 passengers, with a spacious, open foredeck, shaded back deck and plenty of indoor seating. Enjoy a glass of bubbles on arrival, relax and enjoy your cruise. Your host will prepare delicious, fresh meals using local produce. Whitsunday Blue has modern amenities and well-appointed cabins. Whitsunday Blue has 3 private cabins with ensuite bathrooms for the ultimate in guest comfort. The interior saloon seats all passengers for evening meals or you can dine under the stars on the aft-deck seating area. Blue was constructed in 2004 and is 40 feet in length with optimal space for her guests.
Whitsunday Getaway Catamaran
Whitsunday Getaway is a Lagoon 440 sailing catamaran carrying a maximum of 8 guests. She features four private cabins, each independently air conditioned and equipped with a private ensuite (bathroom). Measuring 13 metres in length, this spacious catamaran provides a unique combination of stability and authentic sailing. She has a huge deck area to relax on, an outdoor deck lounge, a large covered aft-deck, and a spacious flybridge with a 360 degree view. Whitsunday Getaway specialises in an intimate, stylish cruise designed for those who are wanting to experience the Whitsundays in style and comfort.
- All cabins are subject to availability; some cabins may have restricted views.
Private double cabin: One double bed in a private cabin with ensuite.
Private Charters are available for groups of 6-8. Please contact our friendly reservations team on 135 777 if you are interested in a private charter.
Cruise Itinerary Changes and Cancellation
The cruise itinerary provided is a guide and may be altered to suit weather conditions as needed. In the circumstances bad weather is predicted and the cruise operator deems the cruise cannot go ahead they will contact you to try and arrange an alternative sailing date around a similar time (where possible), or they may open date the ticket for use at another time. If booking flights, we recommend purchasing a flexible fare, so in the instance the cruise is cancelled 7 days or more prior to departure, you may be able to arrange an alternative travel date.
The cruise requires a minimum of 6 passengers to operate. In the rare circumstance this minimum is not met, a suitable alternative will be found.
4 Star (self-rated)
Airlie Beach: Toscana Village Resort, or similar
Please note: Accommodation/rooms offered are based on a one bedroom apartment with a private balcony with ocean view, and are subject to availability based on seasonality.
Maximum Room Capacity
- Whitsunday Blue and Whitsunday Getaway are adults-only vessels.
- Valid for adults 18 years old and over.
1x Double bed (no twin singles available)
Adjoining / Interconnecting Rooms
Subject to availability and at the hotel's discretion. Please enquire on booking if you require this option.
Minimum group size 6, maximum group size 8 per boat.
- Flights / Domestic Transfers
- Meals/beverages not stated in the itinerary
- Optional gratuities/tipping
- Optional activities/tours
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance (Strongly recommended).
CLIMATE & AVERAGE TEMPERATURES
Airlie Beach and The Whitsunday
- Airlie Beach enjoys a subtropical climate that provides fine, mild weather year round. The surrounding islands experience a hot and humid wet season from November through to May however Airlie Beach remains at a relatively steady 32 degrees Celsius with less humidity during these summer months.
- Winter in Airlie Beach falls between June to October and although the climate does get cooler, temperatures are still quite warm compared to the rest of Australia. The temperature drops to about 16 degrees Celsius during this time with a maximum of 27 degrees Celsius however most days the temperature is a mild 23 degrees Celsius allowing you to enjoy pleasant weather year round.
- Much of Airlie Beach's wonderful weather and comfortable climate can be attributed to its stunning location on the Queensland coast off the Great Barrier Reef. Facing north, Airlie Beach benefits from plenty of sunshine and cooling sea breezes to provide the perfect balance for your Tropical North Queensland holiday.
You will be responsible for all your personal belongings whilst on the trip. Please pack just the essentials for the two day sailing cruise (e.g. change of clothes, swim wear, beach towel, toiletries etc.) in a small soft-sided zipless bag. The remainder of your luggage can be stored at the hotel.
Bring Your Own
BYO alcohol - no glass bottles with the exception of Wine and Champagne. Soft drinks available for purchase on board. Cash only.
Dietary requirements can be accommodated, however please note the following surcharge:
- There is a $30pp dietary surcharge for all dietary requirements (Gluten Free, Vegan, lactose intolerant, fad diets), other than vegetarian. You will do an online check-in for your sailing trip directly with the operator close to your departure. When you enter any dietary requirements, you will then be advised if you have a fee to pay and can then make this payment direct with the operator.
Fitness Level Required / Mobility
Our vehicles are not equipped with wheelchair access, so unfortunately our tours are currently not suitable for wheelchair users and those less mobile.
Please note: a general level of fitness will be required. If you have any concerns please consult your healthcare provider prior to purchase/travel.
Please note: In the event entrance to a site is affected by changes in operating hours or public holiday closures, your itinerary where possible, will be adjusted or an similar activity will be offered in its place (subject to availability)
We are proud to offer a range of travel insurance products - please ask your Travel Consultant for more information.
· Changes - $100.00 per booking + any additional charges applied by the airline/accommodation/other travel provider.
Name Changes Due To Passenger Error
· If the incorrect name has been advised to TripADeal, charges of $100 per booking + any additional charges applied by the airline/cruise company/accommodation/other travel provider
In the event the Travel Offer you have purchased is unable to proceed, and/or a travel Supplier is unable to fulfil the Travel Offer due to external circumstances (Limitation of Liability e.g. a Force Majeure event), there may be a fee or amount of money that is withheld by our Suppliers and is unrecoverable. This may be due to non-refundable airline tickets, cancellation penalties with cruise cabins or unrecoverable payments with our land/accommodation partners. TripADeal has committed to these costs as your Agent and will endeavour to recover all funds committed and/or paid for your Travel Offer, but this may not be possible in all circumstances. If refunds are not available from Suppliers, we will endeavour to obtain a travel credit on the best terms available and communicate these outcomes to you. In the event, TripADeal is unable to obtain a refund or travel service credit, or part thereof, this cost is passed on to the customer as a Supplier Fee. This fee is not revenue-raising and is paid to or withheld by our suppliers when recovering payments.