7 Day Whitsunday Sail & Stay
- Embrace the laid-back lifestyle of Airlie Beach
- Sail the Whitsunday Islands aboard a catamaran
You don’t need to travel to Thailand to experience aquamarine seas. The Whitsundays is our own tropical wonderland, a paradise of sugar white beaches and waters so clear you just want to dive right in. Add in jewel-like islands and a rainbow of marine life, a central hotel and a boutique catamaran sleeping just 12 people, and you have a bucket list adventure worth embarking on. Visit iconic Whitehaven Beach, one of the most photographed beaches in the world; reconnect with nature on a bush walk through scenic national park; spot turtles as you snorkel or paddle board the clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park; and just embrace the moment as you enjoy the ever-changing view from the deck of the catamaran. This is paradise. This is the Whitsundays. Includes four nights hotel accommodation in Airlie Beach, two nights aboard the Whitsunday Adventurer catamaran with experienced skipper and onboard crew - and more! Please note: Private Charters are available for groups of 6 - 12. Please contact our friendly reservations team on 135 777 if you are interested in a private charter.
Today, make your own way to Airlie Beach for an early afternoon check-in to the hotel. Enjoy the remainder of the day at leisure.Overnight: Marina Shores Hotel, Mantra Club Croc Hotel or similar, Airlie Beach
Meals included: None
Today enjoy an opportunity to embrace the magic of Airlie Beach at leisure. Why not take a stroll around the town, enjoy a delicious meal prepared with local ingredients at one of the many restaurants that line the main street, or perhaps just enjoy time relaxing at the hotel.Overnight: Marina Shores Hotel, Mantra Club Croc Hotel or similar, Airlie Beach
Meals included: None
Check out this morning and store your luggage at the hotel. Enjoy some time at leisure before heading to Coral Sea Marina to join the Whitsunday sailing boat ‘The Adventurer’. Depart the Coral Sea Marina Resort (formerly the Abell Point Marina) at approx. 3.00pm. Get ready for an unforgettable sailing experience. Enjoy the view as ‘The Adventurer’ weaves her way around the islands, taking time to stop at top destinations including Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout, and the fringing reefs of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. In between stops you can enjoy relaxing on the wide decks, taking the time to soak in the beauty of the tropical oasis that is the Whitsundays. Your crew will take care of everything you’ll need during your trip, including preparing your delicious meals and keeping you informed, relaxed and entertained. The first afternoon on board will typically provide you with a relaxing sail across to the islands to unwind and enjoy the sunset, after which the catamaran will be anchored for the night.Overnight: Whitsunday Adventurer Catamaran - Double Cabin
Meals included: Dinner
Wake up to a sensational view and enjoy a delicious breakfast onboard, followed by for a guided walk through national parkland to Hill Inlet Lookout. Take in a stunning vista of the 7km long stretch of Whitehaven Beach, before heading to the beach to dip yourself in the crystal turquoise waters and sink your toes in the pure silica sands. Back on board enjoy morning tea before heading north along the western side of Hook Island. Find anchorage in another secluded bay and enjoy lunch. Then, it's time for a snorkel. Meet the underwater life, try to find Nemo, and maybe even bump into a turtle if you're lucky. Enjoy sunset refreshments and reflect on another stunning day as the boat heads to a calm location to anchor overnight.Overnight: Whitsunday Adventurer Catamaran - Double Cabin
Meals included: Breakfast;Lunch;Dinner
Gear up for more snorkelling in a new location, and try your hand at stand up paddle boarding. Breathe in the natural beauty of the islands while you find your way back to Coral Sea Marina through the passage, undoubtedly wishing your trip would never end! Return back to Airlie approx. at 1.00pm and make your own way to the hotel for 2 more lovely nights. Please note: Itineraries are always designed to be flexible, to offer the best sights in the prevailing weather conditions on each unique tour. Please see the Important Information section for further details about cancellation due to poor weather.Overnight: Marina Shores Hotel, Mantra Club Croc Hotel or similar, Airlie Beach
Meals included: Breakfast
Enjoy another day in the tropical resort town of Airlie Beach.Overnight: Marina Shores Hotel, Mantra Club Croc Hotel or similar, Airlie Beach
Meals included: None
This morning check out and make your own onwards travel arrangements.
Meals included: None
Tour InclusionsShow All
- Enjoy 4 days at leisure in the tropical resort town of Airlie Beach
- Relax at the oceanfront Airlie Beach Lagoon
- Sail amidst the iconic Whitsunday Islands on a catamaran
- Visit Whitehaven Beach, one of the world's most unspoiled and beautiful beaches
- Admire the spectacular view from Hill Inlet Lookout
- Reconnect with nature on a national park bush walk
- Spot turtles snorkelling through the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park
- Explore the gorgeous bays in the Northern Islands
- Witness beautiful sunrises and majestic sunsets onboard
- Experience stand up paddle boarding
- 2 nights accommodation aboard the Whitsunday Adventurer Catamaran
- A boutique catamaran with max 12 guests
- Stay in a Private Double Cabin
- Relax in the onboard heated spa
- Enjoy all meals, morning and afternoon snacks, tea and coffee
- 4 nights quality hotel accommodation in Airlie Beach
- 5 meals included
- Skipper and onboard crew
- Snorkelling equipment and basic tuition
- Stinger suits
- National and marine park fees and Marina levies
Important infoShow Less
On purchasing this Travel Offer you are bound by the General Terms and Conditions, in addition to the specific terms and conditions outlined in this Important Information.
Booking is subject to final confirmation from the tour provider. If you do not receive an email from the tour provider within 7 Business Days please contact TripADeal. If the selected dates cannot be secured an alternative date can be selected. In the event no available dates are suitable, a full refund will be provided.
Please refrain from booking travel arrangements prior to final email confirmation from the accommodation provider. If booking flights, we recommend purchasing a flexible fare, so in the instance of a minimum number or Covid related issues prior to departure, you may be able to arrange an alternative travel date.
Covid-19 Booking Policy
- TripADeal Tour packages are non-refundable. If your Tour package is affected by Covid-19 related travel restrictions and you are unable to travel, you will receive an open credit less any non-recoverable supplier fees to the value of your original purchase for use on any other package available via the TripADeal website. Please note: Date change credits are subject to availability and not guaranteed until confirmed by TripADeal, not the property/tour operator you are due to stay/travel with.
Please note: all additional charges are payable direct to your Travel Consultant in AUD (unless otherwise stated).
Travel offer is valid for travel on selected dates until the 31st March 2022.
This travel offer is priced for one person based on twin share.
Single Traveller Supplement
For solo travellers no discount applies. Solo travellers will have to purchase a full package (for 2 people).
06 November 2021 - 31 March 2022
Departures available every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
18 December 2021 - 09 January 2022
Whitsunday Adventurer Catamaran
- The ‘Adventurer’ boasts ample deck space and an open concept interior. There is plenty of room to lounge inside or on the deck, regardless of the weather! Taking out a maximum of 12 passengers, this boat never feels crowded and creates a relaxed and intimate atmosphere. The catamaran has an onboard heated spa for enjoying relaxation time while sailing.
- Whitsunday Adventurer has a BYO policy for all soft and alcoholic beverages. No drinks are for sale on board, so don’t forget to bring what you’d like to drink! Please pack in a soft-sided zipless bag.
- All cabins are subject to availability; some cabins may have restricted views.
- Private double cabin: One double bed (requires 2 persons) in a private cabin.
Private Charters are available for groups of 6 - 12. Please contact our friendly reservations team on 135 777 if you are interested in a private charter.
Cruise Itinerary Changes and Cancellation
The cruise itinerary provided is a guide and may be altered to suit weather conditions as needed. In the circumstances bad weather is predicted and the cruise operator deems the cruise cannot go ahead they will contact you to try and arrange an alternative sailing date around a similar time (where possible), or they may open date the ticket for use at another time. If booking flights, we recommend purchasing a flexible fare, so in the instance the cruise in cancelled 7 days or more prior to departure, you may be able to arrange an alternative travel date.
The cruise requires a minimum of 6 passengers to operate. In the rare circumstance this minimum is not met, a suitable alternative will be found.
3-4 Star (self-rated)
Airlie Beach: Marina Shores Hotel, Mantra Club Croc Hotel or similar
Please note: Accommodation/rooms offered are based on the lead in room type, and are subject to availability based on seasonality.
Maximum Room Capacity
- No child discounts. Full price applies for all children travelling with their parents.
- Valid for Children 12 years old and over.
Please note: Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult 18 years old and over to travel. No unaccompanied minors allowed.
Double bedding (subject to availability). No Twin options available.
Adjoining / Interconnecting Rooms
Subject to availability and at the hotel's discretion. Please enquire on booking if you require this option.
Minimum group size 7, maximum group size 12 per sailing.
- Flights / Domestic Transfers
- Meals/beverages not stated in the itinerary
- Optional gratuities/tipping
- Optional activities/tours
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance (Strongly recommended)
CLIMATE & AVERAGE TEMPERATURES
Airlie Beach and The Whitsunday
- Airlie Beach enjoys a subtropical climate that provides fine, mild weather year round. The surrounding islands experience a hot and humid wet season from November through to May however Airlie Beach remains at a relatively steady 32 degrees Celsius with less humidity during these summer months.
- Winter in Airlie Beach falls between June to October and although the climate does get cooler, temperatures are still quite warm compared to the rest of Australia. The temperature drops to about 16 degrees Celsius during this time with a maximum of 27 degrees Celsius however most days the temperature is a mild 23 degrees Celsius allowing you to enjoy pleasant weather year round.
- Much of Airlie Beach's wonderful weather and comfortable climate can be attributed to its stunning location on the Queensland coast off the Great Barrier Reef. Facing north, Airlie Beach benefits from plenty of sunshine and cooling sea breezes to provide the perfect balance for your Tropical North Queensland holiday.
You will be responsible for all your personal belongings whilst on the trip. Please pack just the essentials for the two day sailing cruise (e.g. change of clothes, swim wear, beach towel, toiletries etc.) in a small soft-sided zipless bag. The remainder of your luggage can be stored at the hotel.
Fitness Level Required / Mobility
Our vehicles are not equipped with wheelchair access, so unfortunately our tours are currently not suitable for wheelchair users and those less mobile.
Please note: a general level of fitness will be required. If you have any concerns please consult your healthcare provider prior to purchase/travel.
Please note: In the event entrance to a site is affected by changes in operating hours or public holiday closures, your itinerary where possible, will be adjusted or a similar activity will be offered in its place (subject to availability).
We are proud to offer a range of travel insurance products - please ask your Travel Consultant for more information.
This includes booking changes requested by you, including but not limited to those changes requiring an airline ticket, date/accommodation changes or a Purchase Confirmation reissue.
· Changes - $50.00 per booking + any additional charges applied by the airline/accommodation/other travel provider.
In the event the Travel Offer you have purchased is unable to proceed, and/or a travel Supplier is unable to fulfil the Travel Offer due to external circumstances (Limitation of Liability e.g. a Force Majeure event), there may be a fee or amount of money that is withheld by our Suppliers and is unrecoverable. This may be due to non-refundable airline tickets, cancellation penalties with cruise cabins or unrecoverable payments with our land/accommodation partners. TripADeal has committed to these costs as your Agent and will endeavour to recover all funds committed and/or paid for your Travel Offer, but this may not be possible in all circumstances. If refunds are not available from Suppliers, we will endeavour to obtain a travel credit on the best terms available and communicate these outcomes to you. In the event, TripADeal is unable to obtain a refund or travel service credit, or part thereof, this cost is passed on to the customer as a Supplier Fee. This fee is not revenue-raising and is paid to or withheld by our suppliers when recovering payments.