4 Day Top End & Kakadu Tour
- Visit Kakadu, Mary River & Litchfield
- Spot crocodiles on a Mary River boat cruise
Australia’s Top End is one of the most surprising destinations on earth; a one-of-a-kind region of endless vistas, unique wildlife, hidden waterfalls, and remote communities filled with friends you just haven’t met. From the rock art of Nourlangie to the floodplains of Kakadu, this four-day highlights package will reveal the secrets and surprises of the incredible Top End.
Admire the changing landscape as you leave Darwin behind, travelling east into the heart of Australia's Top End. Enjoy a spot of bird-watching at the Fogg Dam Conservation Area, take in the stunning view from the Window of the Wetlands, and spot wild crocodiles on a boat cruise at Corroboree Billabong. Stay three nights in a Bush Bungalow at the Mary River Wilderness Retreat, enjoying meals, sightseeing and relaxation. Discover the wonders of Kakadu on tour, including visits to Ubirr Rock and Nourlangie Rock, home to 20,000 year old rock art. Discover spectacular waterfalls, plunge into cool rock pools, and marvel at tranquil rainforest as you explore Litchfield National Park. With all this and so much more, this is an Aussie adventure you will not forget.
About the PropertyShow All
Starting out from Darwin your journey begins by travelling east along the Arnhem Highway. Enjoy a pleasant stroll through the shade of mesmerising melaleucas and paperbarks at Fogg Dam heralded for its prolific bird life will be two of the highlights for your first travelling day. A stop along the way at Window on the Wetlands will also open your eyes to many of the amazing wonders you’ll experience over the coming days. A boat cruise on the Corroboree Billabong known for the highest density of saltwater crocodiles is another crowd-pleaser.
By late afternoon you will arrive at Mary River Wilderness Retreat, which will be your base for the next 3 night. Unpack and make your bungalow a home away from home and have time to stroll the tropical gardens or have a relaxing dip in the pool. The retreat is also rich in fauna and flora with 3 kilometres of Mary River frontage and irrigated rolling grass hills home to many wallabies and birds. The retreat boasts walking tracks, bike, buggy and boat hire, a restaurant and two swimming pools. Meet the hosts and enjoy happy hour before a sumptuous dinner.
Today is filled with the wonders of Kakadu's ancient rock art at Nourlangie Rock some of which is believed to be as old as 20,000 years. The escarpment and rock walls that has been the murals for this art is as impressive as the art itself. The views from Ubirr Rock across the wetlands into Arnhem land will leave you spellbound. Also enjoy a stop at Bowali Visitor Cultural Centre.Overnight: Mary River Wilderness Retreat Meals included: Breakfast;Lunch;Dinner
This morning feel free to start the day as early or late as you like! You will enjoy a wonderful cultural experience, free time and the chance to indulge in some optional extras, walks, take a boat on your own or simply relax by the pool with a good book. This afternoon enjoy a boat cruise on the Mary River aboard Tom Tough.Overnight: Mary River Wilderness Retreat Meals included: Breakfast;Lunch;Dinner
The last day is packed full of excitement with a day trip to Litchfield National Park. Plunge into cool rock pools and cascading falls at Florence Falls, Wangi Falls, visit massive termite mounds and see spectacular waterfalls. A tranquil rainforest walk makes for wonderful photo opportunities and a stop over on the way back to Darwin to sample homemade ice cream at Berry Springs is also on the agenda.
Return to Darwin at approximately 6:00pm.
If you plan on taking a flight out of Darwin after the tour, it is recommended not to book a flight departing earlier than 8.30pm this evening.
DEAL InclusionsShow All
- Discover the Top End on a 4 day highlights tour ex Darwin
- Visit Kakadu, Litchfield and Mary River National Parks
- See beautiful birdlife at Fogg Dam conservation reserve
- Witness the amazing view from Window on the Wetlands
- Enjoy a Corroboree Billabong Cruise
- Experience stunning views from Ubirr Rock
- Marvel at 20,000 year old rock art at Nourlangie Rock in Kakadu National Park
- Stop at Bowali Visitor Cultural Centre
- Enjoy free time to explore Mary River National Park
- Experience a Mary River Wilderness Cruise
- Enjoy crocodile and wildlife spotting
- See the incredible termite mounds
- See the magnificent Florence Falls, Wangi Falls and Berry Springs in Litchfield National Park
- 3 nights accommodation in Bush Bungalows at Mary River Wilderness Retreat
- Enjoy 10 meals including daily buffet breakfast
- Park entry fees
- Expert tour guide
- Transportation by A/C coach
contact infoShow All
TripADeal - 1300 00 TRIP (8747)
Important infoShow Less
After purchasing your package, you will receive your Purchase Confirmation via email. This email will direct you to a Guest Information Form, please complete all the required fields with your 3 preferred dates on your online booking form (dates must be at least 5 days apart).
Booking Forms must be submitted within 72 hours of purchase.
Please wait for your package date confirmation from the supplier before purchasing flights.
Any special requests, preferences and optional extras MUST be clearly stated in your Passenger Information Form. Any change requested after submitting your Passenger Information form cannot be guaranteed, is strictly subject to availability and will incur surcharges as outlined in the Schedule of Fees below.
On purchasing this Travel Offer you are bound by TripADeal’s standard Terms and Conditions in addition to the specific terms and conditions outlined in this Important Information.
Email your booking request within 14 days from the date of purchase and if you don't get your preferred dates within the validity period of the package then TripADeal will give you a FULL refund. For a full refund evidence of an attempted booking must be provided to our Customer Service Team via email no more than 3 days after the 14 day period. The team at TripADeal will aim to secure your preferred dates (please email 3 preferred dates on booking request, dates must be at least 5 days apart) and if they are still unavailable, a full refund will be payable.
Please Note: all additional charges are payable direct to the supplier unless stated otherwise.
Travel offer is valid for travel until the 1st October 2018
Travel offer is valid for one person based on twin share
Single Traveller Supplement
For solo travellers a mandatory single supplement of $240 applies (payable direct to the supplier)
Departure Dates (2018)
Monday 30th April
Tuesday 8th May
Monday 14th May
Monday 28th May
Monday 4th June
Tuesday 12th June
Monday 18th June
Monday 25th June
Monday 2nd July
Monday 9th July
Monday 16th July
Monday 23rd July
Monday 30th July
Tuesday 7th August
Monday 13th August
Monday 27th August
Monday 3rd September
Monday 10th September
Monday 17th September
Monday 24th September
Monday 1st October
4 Star (self-rated)
- Mary River Wilderness Retreat
The Bush Bungalows have sweeping views of green lawns and a parkland setting. All have a queen size bed and one single bed and are equipped with a bar fridge, tea/coffee making facilities, ensuites, ceiling fan and air-conditioning with verandas overlooking the lush green grass and often wallabies grazing.
- Poolside Bungalow: $105 per room
The poolside bungalows feature cathedral ceilings are fully tiled throughout and have large ensuites. Built in 2009 they are modern cool comfortable and clean. All have a queen sized bed and some with one single bed. They are equipped with wardrobes, bar fridge, tea and coffee making facilities, ceiling fan and air-conditioning and all have a balcony overlooking the secluded pool area.
Please note: upgrades are subject to availability until confirmation with the property
Not allowed. Pre-booked tour with transportation on selected dates only.
Combining Multiple Bookings
Maximum Room Capacity
3 people (subject to availability)
- No child discounts apply, a full priced voucher must be purchased for all children travelling with their parents
- Strictly suitable for children 13 years old and over
*Please note: children must be accompanied by a responsible adult 18 years old and over to travel. No unaccompanied minors allowed
Extra Person Policy
No discounts apply for 3rd person travelling. A full priced voucher must be purchased.
1 x queen bed and 1 x single bed (subject to availability)
Adjoining Rooms (Interconnecting Rooms)
Minimum group size 12, maximum group size 32
Darwin City Edge Motel, 38 Gardens Road, Darwin at 9.00am
Darwin City Edge Motel, 38 Gardens Road, Darwin at approximately 6.00pm
You will enjoy three deliciously prepared continental buffet breakfasts, four picnic style lunches and three dinners including a Flavours of the Outback BBQ and indulge in a appetising buffet dinner on the last night of the tour.
Fitness and Ability:
You must be able to walk up to 3km on uneven surfaces unaided where necessary. If you have any concerns please consult your healthcare provider prior to purchase/travel.
Optional Tours / Activities
- Scenic Helicopter Flight: from $130
- Air boat trip: from $195 + transfers
- Air boat trip / Helicopter Flight Combo: $414
- Boat Hire: $80 per hour (4 person boat)
- Buggy Hire: $30 per hour (4 person buggy)
- Mountain bike hire: $5 per hour
Please indicate if you are interested in any optional activities in the special requests section on the Guest Information Form.
*prices are based on per person, are subject to availability, time permitting and weather conditions, and are payable direct to the tour operator
- Domestic transfers / flights
- Meals/beverages not stated under 'Deal Inclusions'
- Optional gratuities/tipping
- Optional activities/tours
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Strictly no refunds for this package for amendments and change of date - fees are at the Tour operator's discretion/policy
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer or on existing reservations
- Any unused portion of the package is non refundable and cannot be exchanged for other services or cash
- Package cannot be split
- Offer only available for consecutive nightly stays
- The value and savings has been determined based on the properties published rack rates and inclusions. Please note that rates change.
- All activities and services are subject to availability
- Please note that breakfast is not supplied on the first day of the tour
- All surcharges are payable directly to the supplier
TripADeal is proud to offer a range of travel insurance products in partnership with My Travel Insurance.
This includes booking changes requested by you, including but not limited to those changes requiring a Purchase Confirmation reissue.
· 1st Change - $100.00 per person + any additional charges applied by the travel/accommodation provider.