Legends of China
- Walk the UNESCO listed Great Wall of China
- Visit the Forbidden City & Terracotta Warriors
Experience the very best of China with this 10-day highlights tour.
Discover the modern metropolises of Beijing and Shanghai, and visit UNESCO world heritage sites in Suzhou and Hangzhou, the traditional summer retreats of Chinese royalty. Walk along the remarkable Great Wall, a true wonder of the ancient world, plus enjoy a Beijing city tour taking in Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, Summer Palace, and much more. Travel by high-speed bullet train to Xi’an, and tick the famed Terracotta Warriors and Horses off your bucket list. With return international flights, eight nights hotel accommodation, ten meals including a special Peking duck dinner and English-speaking guides and more.
Today depart from either Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide for Beijing, China! Fly with China Eastern Airlines, China Southern Airlines or Air China to name a few (subject to availability). Upon arrival, a tour representative will meet you at the airport and then escort you to check into your hotel. *Please note some flights might depart the night before.Chang An Grand Hotel / Schonbrunn Hotel / Ritan International Hotel / Friendship Hotel OR Novotel Sanyuan, Beijing Meals included: In-Flight
Your exploration of Beijing begins with a visit to Tiananmen Square, one of the largest public squares in the world, and then takes in the Imperial Palace in the Forbidden City. The Forbidden City, also known officially as the Imperial Palace Museum, was originally constructed by the third Emperor of the Ming Dynasty, Emperor Yong Le, where 24 emperors once lived successionally. The palace was built between 1406 and 1420, but was burnt down, rebuilt, sacked and renovated countless times, so most of the architecture you can see today dates from the 1700’s and onwards. Afterwards, visit a Pearl Factory to gain a little knowledge of fresh pearls. In the afternoon, take the opportunity to join an optional tour (not included) to see Beijing’s 700 year old Hutong's (narrow lanes) area by old fashioned pedicab, plus visit a local family living in a courtyard style home to experience the local customs of old Beijing. The optional tour also includes a visit to Shichahai, a historic scenic area consisting of three lakes (Qianhai, meaning Front Sea; Houhai, meaning Back Sea and Xihai, meaning West Sea), surrounding places of historic interest and scenic beauty and remnants of old-style local residences, Hutong and Courtyard. Tonight enjoy a special welcome dinner at a local restaurant featuring the famous Peking duck.Chang An Grand Hotel / Schonbrunn Hotel / Ritan International Hotel / Friendship Hotel OR Novotel Sanyuan, Beijing Meals included: Breakfast;Dinner
On the way to the Great Wall, stop at a Jade Museum to learn the history of Jade. In Chinese, jade is pronounced as "Yu", and has a history of at least four thousand years in China. Observe skilled artisans at work as they create intricate designs. Afterwards take a scenic drive through the countryside and mountains en route to China's most renowned monument—the Great Wall. Visit the less-visited and more original Juyong Pass, avoiding other sections which are the most accessible and consequently most crowded. The Great Wall meanders through China's northern mountain ranges from the Yellow Sea to the Gobi Desert—a distance of over 3500 miles! Tonight, take the opportunity to attend an optional large scale dramatic musical, “The Golden Mask Dynasty” (not included).Chang An Grand Hotel / Schonbrunn Hotel / Ritan International Hotel / Friendship Hotel OR Novotel Sanyuan, Beijing Meals included: Breakfast;Lunch
After breakfast visit the famous store “Tongrentang” and enjoy some free time in Wangfujing, the main shopping district in Beijing. Then transfer to Beijing Railway Station for a high speed train ride to Xian (approximately a 5-hour journey). Upon arrival transfer to the hotel.Grand Noble Hotel, Xian Meals included: Breakfast
The highlight today is a visit to the Terracotta Warriors & Horses Museum. Unearthed near Xi’an, the hundreds of life size sculptures of soldiers, chariots, and horses are considered a world wonder. With different facial expressions and weaponry adorning each soldier, the Terracotta Warriors were believed to have been created to accompany the Qin Emperor into the afterlife. This site is among the top archaeological excavations of the 20th century. You will be definitely amazed by the scale of the Terracotta Warriors Army. Afterwards visit the Terracotta Warriors Reproduction Factory and then transfer to Xian Airport for your evening flight to Hangzhou.Pujing Hotel OR Hai Wai Hai Baina Hotel, Hangzhou Meals included: Breakfast
Start this amazing day with a small boat ride on the West Lake, admiring the ethereal beauty of Hangzhou's willow draped islands. Hangzhou is considered the tea capital of China, so a visit to the city isn’t complete without a trip to a local tea house. Make a special visit to the Tea House at Meijiawu Tea Village in the hinterland of West Lake Park, considered one of the most important Longjing tea productions in China. Admire the beautiful village scenery while learning more about the special tea culture of China, and how to appreciate the sophisticated taste and aroma of Longjing tea. At the Tea House, learn how to make the Longjing Tea including tea leaves picking, frying and tasting. Next, drive to Suzhou (approximately a 2-hour coach ride). Suzhou, which dates back to 514 BC, is sometimes called the "Venice of the East". Visit beautiful Shan Tang Street, one of the most popular streets in Suzhou. There is an option to take a cruise along the Grand Canal (not included).Vienna International Hotel OR Nanya Hotel, Suzhou Meals included: Breakfast
Today visit the famous Lingering Garden, recognised along with other classical Suzhou gardens as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. China is renowned for its exquisite silk, so naturally a visit to the Silk Spinning Factory is in order. Next, drive to Shanghai (approximately a 2-hour coach ride) to visit the famous Bund. Shanghai is divided by the Huang Pu River into eastern and western sections. Modern mega high rises are seen on the eastern side while traditional European style architecture may be seen on the western side. The Bund is a five-block riverfront promenade with many of Shanghai's banks and trading houses. Tonight there is an optional activity to watch a superb and thrilling Chinese Acrobatic Show “ERA: The Intersection of Time” (not included).Howard Johnson Hong Qiao OR Holiday Inn Express, Shanghai Meals included: Breakfast
This morning, step back in time at the Shanghai Museum - home to more than 120,000 objects and artworks. Enjoy some free time at leisure this afternoon or join an optional half-day tour of Shanghai (not included) including Yu Garden, believed to have been built in the Ming Dynasty, more than 400 years ago. The exquisite layout, beautiful scenery, and the artistic style of the garden architecture have made the garden one of the highlights of Shanghai. Other attractions include Xintiandi, Old Town and Nanjing Road. In the evening, take the opportunity to join the optional “Night Cruise on the Huangpu River” (not included).Howard Johnson Hong Qiao OR Holiday Inn Express, Shanghai Meals included: Breakfast
After breakfast enjoy some free time to explore cosmopolitan Shanghai and then bid farewell to China and transfer to the airport for your homeward flight to Australia.Meals included: In-Flight
Tour InclusionsExpand All
- Visit the impressive Tiananmen Square
- Explore the UNESCO listed Forbidden City
- Learn about pearls at a Freshwater Pearl Centre
- Visit a local Jade Museum and see artisans at work
- Walk along the Great Wall of China
- Enjoy some free time in Wangfujing, a shopping district in Beijing
- See the ancient Terracotta Warriors and Horses in Xi'an
- Visit the Terracotta Warriors reproduction factory
- Take a boat ride on West Lake in Hangzhou
- Learn about Longjing Tea at Meijiawu Tea Village, includes tasting
- Wander down ancient Shantang Street in Suzhou
- Visit Suzhou’s Lingering Garden and a silk spinning factory
- Explore The Bund promenade in Shanghai
- Visit the inspiring Shanghai Museum
- One internal flight: Xi’an - Hangzhou
- Professional English-speaking guides
- One way high speed bullet train from Beijing to Xi’an (economy class)
After purchase, you will receive a receipt and a Purchase Confirmation email. You will also be directed to an online Passenger Information Form. You must complete your Passenger Information Form within 72 hours of purchase.
Any special requests, preferences and optional extras MUST be clearly stated in your Passenger Information Form. Any change requested after submitting your Passenger Information form cannot be guaranteed, is strictly subject to availability and will incur surcharges as outlined in the Schedule of Fees below.
On purchasing this Travel Offer you are bound by TripADeal’s standard Terms and Conditions in addition to the specific terms and conditions outlined in this Important Information.
Please Note: all additional charges are payable direct to TripADeal (unless otherwise stated).
Travel offer is valid for travel on selected dates until the 29th October 2017
Travel offer is valid for one person based on twin share
Single Traveller Supplement
For solo travellers a mandatory single supplement of $700 applies
Departure Dates (2017)
August: 1, 8
September: 4, 11
October: 17, 22, 29
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide
International Flights: China Eastern Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Hainan Airlines, Air China or Xiamen Airlines plus any codeshare partners (subject to availability)
Domestic Flight: China Eastern Airlines, Hainan Airlines, Air China or Tianjing Airlines
Stay behind in Shanghai
$300 per person, subject to availability
- This fee does not include extra nights accommodation, meals or airport transfers
- No flight booking changes or cancellations permitted after air tickets have been issued
- Flight changes are subject to availability at the time of booking
Flight Class Upgrades
- Premium Economy: Not available
- Business Class: Not available
- *Starting from quotes will be processed and returned for your consideration
- All Premium Economy and Business Class upgrades are subject to availability (if we are not able to fulfill your business class request the upgrade cost will be refunded)
- On any upgrade purchase, short haul flights and domestic flight sectors are not guaranteed in a Premium or Business cabin; subject to aircraft configuration
4-5 Star (self-rated)
- Beijing: Chang An Grand Hotel / Schonbrunn Hotel / Ritan International Hotel / Friendship Hotel OR Novotel Sanyuan
- Xian: Grand Noble Hotel
- Hangzhou: Pujing Hotel OR Hai Wai Hai Baina Hotel
- Suzhou: Vienna International Hotel OR Nanya Hotel
- Shanghai: Howard Johnson Hong Qiao OR Holiday Inn Express
*Please note: rooms offered are based on a lead-in room type, and are subject to availability based on seasonality. Properties will be confirmed, no later than two weeks prior to travel.
Extra Nights (Post Tour only)
- Shanghai: $180 per room including breakfast
Please note: extra nights are subject to availability until the time of booking. Airport transfers are not included if you wish to arrive early or stay behind
Maximum Room Capacity
3 people (subject to availability)
- No child discounts. Full price applies for all children travelling with their parents
- Strictly valid for Children/infants 12 years old and over
Please note: Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult 18 years old and over to travel. No unaccompanied minors allowed
No discounts apply for 3rd person travelling. Full price applies, subject to availability
Double or Twin Bedding (subject to availability)
Subject to availability and at the hotels discretion. Please enquire on booking if you require this option
GENERAL TOUR INFORMATION
Minimum group size 10, maximum group size 35 per vehicle
Optional Tours / Activities
- Beijing: Day 2: Tour 700 year old Hutong's 260 RMB (approx. $52 AUD)
- Beijing: Day 3: The Golden Mask Dynasty 300 RMB (approx. $60 AUD)
- Suzhou: Day 6: Grand Canal Cruise 180 RMB (approx. $36 AUD)
- Shanghai: Day 7: ERA "The Intersection of Time" 360 RMB (Approx. $71 AUD)
- Shanghai: Day 8: Half day city tour 180 RMB (Approx. $35 AUD)
- Shanghai: Day 8: Huangpu River Night Cruise 220 RMB (Approx. $44 AUD)
- prices are based on per person, are subject to availability, time permitting and weather conditions, and are payable direct to the tour operator in the currency specified
- Some tours require minimum numbers to operate
- Shore excursions can be booked/reserved directly with the cruise line prior to travel (subject to availability)
- Shore excursions can also be booked whilst onboard (subject to availability)
- Visa fees and requirements (A visa for China strict requirement if travelling on an Australian passport)
- Meals/beverages not stated in the itinerary
- Mandatory gratuities/tipping $10 AUD per person/day payable on tour
- Optional activities/tours
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance (Mandatory)
*** Please Note: A comprehensive travel Insurance policy must be organised BEFORE all details can be finalised with TripADeal.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Daily breakfast is included in the tour, for all other meals; lunches and dinners the tour manager will offer assistance with reservations, suggestions and directions to local restaurants. You can also enquire about any allergies and food and if necessary advise meals to be to be prepared with any medication you require.
You will be responsible for all your personal belongings whilst on the tour. With regards to luggage, you must carry your own luggage from the coach to the hotel room and back to the coach. The driver will assist with the uploading and offloading of their luggage from the coach.
Gratuities (tips) are not included in the tour price for services of the tour manager and driver throughout the tour. The recommended tip for the tour manager and driver is $10 AUD per person/day per person per day, which will be collected by the tour manager whilst on tour.
Fitness Level Required / Mobility:
Our coaches are not equipped with wheelchair access, so unfortunately our tours are currently not suitable for wheelchair users and those less mobile.
Please note; a basic level of fitness will be required. If you have any concerns please consult your healthcare provider prior to purchase/travel.
A Tourist Visa for China is a strict requirement if travelling on an Australian Passport.
****Please start arranging your visa at least 3 weeks prior to departure to account for any delays due to consulate operating hours
Please Note: Passengers who are not Australian citizens must check with the respective consulate or a visa agency to determine what their visa requirements are and what personal identification is required
TripADeal is proud to offer a range of travel insurance products in partnership with My Travel Insurance
SCHEDULE OF FEES
This includes booking changes requested by you, including but not limited to those changes requiring airline ticket or a Purchase Confirmation reissue
· 1st Change - $100.00 per person + any additional charges applied by the airline/ cruise company/ other travel provider
· 2nd Change - $150.00 per person + any additional charges applied by the airline/ cruise company/ other travel provider
· Subsequent changes - $250.00 per person + any additional charges applied by the airline/ cruise company/ other travel provider
· Changes within 30 days of departure $350.00 person + any additional charges applied by the airline/ cruise company/ other travel provider
· Changes within 14 days of departure $500.00 per person + any additional charges applied by the airline/ cruise company/ other travel provider
Name Changes Due To Passenger Error
· If the incorrect name has been advised to TripADeal, charges of $150.00 per person + any additional charges applied by the airline/ cruise company/ other travel provider will apply